Tuesday Night at the Track
Sponsored by Fleet Feet Sarasota & Manasota Track Club
Whether you currently run a 5 minute, 11 minute or a 14 minute mile, come join us on Tuesday nights for a FREE speed workout led by USATF Level II certified track coach, Kim Sheffield, who has been running and coaching for over 20 years.
Why should you incorporate speed training into your workout routine?
- If you want to run faster, speed training is a great tool to accomplish this.
- Speed training teaches "pace" and gives you manageable increments to hold that pace.
- Helps to teach proper running form which will make you a more efficient runner.
- Develops and strengthens your aerobic capacity and builds endurance and stamina.
- Familiarize your body with discomfort- similar to when you are racing
- Coached workout on Tuesdays, 6-7pm. Be ready to go by 6pm.
- Form drills and customized workout based on your goals and pace
- Workouts will be alternated between Payne Park and Brookside Middle.
PLEASE NOTE: Starting June 6th, this workout will take place at 6am in order to BEAT the HEAT! We will alternate between working out at Payne Park and Brookside Middle Track.
June 6th: Payne Park, 6am
June 13th: Brookside Middle track, 6am
June 20th: Payne Park, 6am
June 27th: Brookside Middle track, 6am
July 4th: Payne Park, 6am
July 11th: Brookside Middle track, 6am
July 18th: Payne Park, 6am
July 25th: Brookside Middle Track, 6am
The goal is for you to work your aerobic capacity, have some fun with running buddies, prepare you for upcoming races or to get you back into running fast again, and to keep you injury FREE!!!!!
Questions? Call Fleet Feet Sarasota, 941-894-3338 Or Email Whitney at email@example.com